Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Regionals Swap Card

Well this weekend I will be attending the Stampin' Up! Regionals event in Hamilton, Ontario. My awesome friend Tami and I will be attending together. The best part is I am going to Woodstock on Friday after work and will be spending the night at Tami's house before we get up and head to Hamilton Saturday morning. We can get caught up on everything that has been happening since I moved out of Woodstock in June. My little group called Small World Stampers decided to have a swap for Regionals (Thanks Heather!) We needed to use something new with our card. So I used Concord Crush ink and paper and one of the new embossing folders. I used the spotlighting or highlighting technique, which is very fun. I followed the tutorial that Diana Gibbs (my wonderful sister!!!!) provided here. It was a fun technique and I will definitely use it again. The base of the card is Basic Black. The next layer which is embossed with the lattice embossing folder is Concord Crush. I really like this deep rich purple colour. The next layer is Whisper White which has the flowers stamped on it. I stamped the hummingbird in Concord Crush as well and cut it out and popped it up on the card. I hope the girls like it. I can't wait to see what creations they came up with. I'm looking forward to this weekend, I have not seen my Small Worlder's for quite sometime and I haven't seen other SU friends for a long time as well. Chow for now, Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home