Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

King of the Grill

I was asked to make a birthday card for one of the girls at work. Her new son-in-law was celebrating his birthday so she needed a card. I asked her if there was anything specific about him, (which I ask all my card requestors, so I get the right colours, theme, etc.) She said they had just got a new barbecue and were having a party on the weekend and going to be using it for the first time, so I thought, perfect - I will use my King of the Grill set! This was the first time I used this set and I like it! I used Basic Gray as the base of the 6 X 6 card. I then used my flexible ruler to cut out the next layer from a paper pack - I believe is Basic Gray. Then I used my nesties to cut out the image and my oval scalloped punch to punch out the greeting. I forgot to take a picture of the inside ( I know - I can't believe I forgot ) but it looked so cool. I had some old designer paper back from when I first started scrapbooking and it had a hot dog in the bottom corner and ants all around the edges and it was on a red and white checkered back ground that looked like a picnic table cloth. So I cut that out and mounted it on the inside of the card and stamped Happy Birthday in the center of the hot dog. It looked really cute - I can't believe I don't have a picture of it to show you. Oh well, you'll have to settle with the outside! Chow for now Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home