Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Relay for Life

This year my daughter Jade and I put together a team for the Relay for Life in London. On June 15th we will be walking for 12 hours in honor of and in memory of loved ones with cancer. Our team is called "Army of Hope" and we will be sporting some "camo" clothes and working with a theme of "hunting down cancer" for the event. In 1997 we lost Poppa to cancer. He was the best Grandfather ever and I would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for him. I walk in memory of him. In 2008 I lost a very dear friend Janet Dallas to cancer. Janet and I didn't know each other for a very long time, but when we met we instantly clicked and it seemed like we had known each other forever. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and wish I could just pick up the phone and call her. I walk in memory of her. This past year our community lost a young girl to cancer. Rachel Cunningham was an inspiration to everyone that knew her. She fought a hard, but lost her fight. I walk for her. My cousin Mike lost his battle with cancer at the age of 35. I walk for him. A friend of ours, Paul, lost his daughter Courtney at the age of 13. I walk for her. There are good stories too though. Back in the 60's my Granny was diagnosed with cancer. She had a radical (for that time) surgery and we are blessed to still have her with us today! She is 93 years young! I walk in honor of her.
Individually we all walk for different reasons. As a team we walk because we are confident a cure for cancer will be found in our lifetime. 
Please support me by making a donation.
You can do so by visiting our web site, or I can take donations face to face as well.
Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who donates.
Chow for now,
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home