Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Victopia.....

Wow, it's been a while since I posted last. Jade informed me yesterday that it had been 50 billion years....not sure it's been that long, but it's been a while. I wanted to share some pictures from our trip to Kingston. This time of year we head to Kingston to my BFF Vicki Garrett's for what is now known as Victopia. We were so lucky this year because one of our very dear friends, Jenn, was home from BC so she was able to come with us. Unfortunately she was home due to a death in the family, but this was certainly a silver lining for us. Kim tried to work with Jenn to keep it a secret from all of us......but Jenn on Facebook is not a good combination for secrets!!!!! One of my other dear friends, Donna, took on the driving role this year. And we managed to get everything packed into her vehicle pretty well if I do say so myself.
We headed off in the AM and made our first stop at the Scrappin' Bug in Kitchener....this was after detours, SWAT teams and gravel roads....... We made it out of the Bug safely....although I think after Jenn was in the bathroom a plumber needed to be called.....for the sink people.....the sink.........
Our next stop was the Scrapping Turtle in St. Jacob's. NICE STORE...it is very large and laid out very nicely so you can see all their products. After a jaunt across the street to the candy store we were back on our way. We stopped at Mary Brown's for lunch - which was delish...I have never had Mary Browns before - it was very good. (Thanks Jenn) Then we were off to Stamping Bella in Thornhill. While in Stamping Bella I got a quick tutorial on some flower making and some colouring!! (Thanks lady at Stamping Bella!) Then off to Kingston we headed. We were hoping to get to the Frogs Whiskers, but time got away from us and we were not able to make it there before they closed. When we got to Kingston we zipped around to Timmie's for a fuel up and to Shoppers for pop for the weekend and then we made our way to Vicki's. I'm sure she thought we were never going to get there! Jon helped us carry our bags downstairs and then we were there for the long haul!!! We visited Marchant's and Michael's on Saturday (gotta use those coupons!!) I grabbed some Prisma pencils for 50% so am looking forward to using them more frequently in my colouring. Then we settled in for some stamping and laughs and food and just plain old good times. Our friends from Kingston came over too!!!! Laura, Darlene and Andreanne came to join in the festivities. I love seeing them. It's like we have known them forever and we just pick right up where we left off last time. 
Darlene gave us a tutorial on how to work these cool new punches that are out - the things are huge - but they make a cool looking 12 X 12 piece of paper when you are done with them!
Laura worked on her digi scrapbooking! I just can't seem to get into that - I like the touch of the paper - maybe it's cause I am on the computer all day at work. I might have to try it sometime...but for now....the "old fashioned" way it is for me!!! As always we had to have a "photo shoot" outside!!! This is always good for a laugh. I was doing the "Where's Waldo" thing and flying (not very gracefully I might add) through the air trying to get in a corner of a shot! Jon came out to take some shots were we could all get in together. Vicki and Donna have the fancy cameras...so I just let them take the pictures this year! Then Vicki put them all on a CD for us all to take home. We got some good shots of Jon and Darlene as well. They are so cute together. They have been friends since Jon was born and it's very sweet to watch the two of them together. How they chat and just hang out. It's great to have friends like that. I am blessed to have all of these wonderful ladies in my life. I can't even remember what my life was like before I met you all. 










 



 


  
Chow for now,
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home