Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Game of Thrones....

Well I have heard that this is a good book, so I have decided to read it. They have also made a television series about it and I don't want to watch the show until I have read the book. I think there are 792 pages in it, but that is the nice thing about reading a book on my Kobo - the weight is the same no matter how many pages the book has! I also like the way it tells you the percentage you have read. Right now I have 9% read. There are a large number of characters in the book and I am trying to wrap my head around them all. So far I like it though.
I have been hearing all kinds of rave reviews about the show Revenge that is on television. I watched the first episode yesterday - and I must say - it certainly leaves you wanting to watch more. I like Madeline Stowe and she plays a good "nasty" woman. I think I am going to like this one.
We also watched We Bought a Zoo the other night. I knew it was based on a true story, which is one of the reasons I wanted to watch it, and because Matt Damon has got to be one of my favourites as well. I really enjoyed the movie. The little girl who plays Rosie (Maggie Elizabeth Jones) has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen. She was also in Footloose, which I didn't recognize until Jade said something, and she was right. She is soooo cute. When she tilts her head and smiles you just want to scoop her up and hug her so tight. I remember when she was on Ellen, she said that she spent a lot of time with the monkey that was in the show, but actually on the show she did not have any screen time with her at all. Even though parts of the movie were sad, it was a feel good movie and I'm glad we watched it.
Well tomorrow I am off to Detroit to pick up Mom at the airport from her visit with Diana in Arizona. From Diana's blog it looked like they had a great time and I can't wait to hear all about it. We are also doing a tour of St. Clair College in Windsor in the morning, so after tomorrow, Jade will be able to make an informed decision about which college she wants to attend!
The next chapter is happening....whether I like it or not!
Chow for now,
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home