Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm Goin' Down......

A number of years ago, when we were attending my little sister Courtney's graduation from The University of Windsor, as Granny was walking across the street, I think her feet got tangled up and she fell. As she started to fall, she hollered, "I'm goin' down", and then she laid there on the street giggling. The poor police man who was directing traffic, must have been thinking to himself, "holy crap that lady just fell, oh man I have to stop all these cars". So as he was frantically getting cars to stop, we got Granny up and she seemed to be okay....only later did we find out that she broke her elbow, but she didn't complain at all...took a couple of Advil and enjoyed Courtney's graduation. Well this morning, I stepped off my step and down I went. We had rain over night as well as this morning and our lane way slopes down toward where my car gets parked and I stepped on the "right (er wrong)" spot and down I went. I don't know how Granny had time to holler "I'm goin' down" cause it was so darn quick that I was down and sliding through the ice and mud. So I had to go back in change my clothes before heading off to work. I'm hoping the rest of my day goes better than my morning went. I smashed my knee off the ground, so hopefully it won't swell, but other than that I am okay. I needed one of these signs this morning!
Chow for now,
Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

Omgosh, I don't want to sound sadistic, but your post made me giggle this morning........ Not because you fell, but the story of Granny and remembering when you told me about it and the darned picture of the Polar Bear. Hope your knee is okay!

Love ya

V

February 16, 2012 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home