Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Deer, deer, deer.......

Well semester one is officially over. Jade was done her exams on Tuesday and Joel finished his yesterday! Here's hoping their marks were awesome. February 6th starts the beginning of the new semester and starts Jade's last semester of high school. Wow, that's making me feel a little old.
One of Joel's friends decided to have a little get together last night to celebrate exams being over. Joe went to pick him up around midnight and on the way home....they hit a deer. Luckily, neither of them were hurt. My car took a bit of a beating, but it is still functional, so that is the main thing. I need a new headlight and a new left blinker, but I think other than that it will survive. It bums me out though that they couldn't find anyone to help them with the deer cause I really would have liked to have some venison in my freezer. So as I am walking out the door this morning to leave for work...Joe says..."not to be a smart ass, but watch out for the deer." Little does he know that I have run ins with them at least 3 times a week driving to work. I leave at 5AM when it is still dark and they are VERY active at that time of the day. I think he jinxed me......I hadn't even gotten by the first neighbours house and out come 3 deer zipping across the road in front of me. Fortunately I saw them - those shining eyes and their white tails - so I was able to slow down and let them pass. I still beeped my horn at them to let them know I was not impressed and really did not need that jump start to my heart at 5AM.

It's lambing season on my Mom and Dad's farm! I think last count was 24 - but a late night email from Mom indicated a couple more may be coming, so the number might be higher now. They are so cute. Jade and her boyfriend Brian went over to see them yesterday so I made her take the camera so she could get some shots of the babies.

Chow for now,
Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

I want to come and squeeze those little lambies...............SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo cute!

February 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home