Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Family

I have decided that I am going to start going into the nursing home on Thursday nights to go to Hymn Sing with Granny. She never misses it, so I thought she might enjoy it if I went to sing with her. So last night I went in and she was in her room. The nurses were doing some things for her and she had a bit of an issue with her appliance so she had her nightie on already. I asked her if she was going to go out for Hymn Sing and she said "oh I can't go in my nightie". So I found her a house coat, got it on her and out we went! She takes a little notepad with her and writes down all the Hymns that we sing and then Tim, the fella who leads the Hymn sing, always asks her how many we have sung. The record is 17. We only sang 14 last night. While we were sitting there, I saw someone come to the door and it was Aunt Donna! I have not seen her since my little sister Courtney's wedding, so it was nice to see her. (this is a shot of her and Mom at Courtney's wedding - I love this picture) Granny has been missing her, so I am glad she came for a visit. She joined in the Hymn Sing with us as well. When the Hymn Sing was all done, we went into the dining room and sat and talked for a while. We had a good visit. I left around 9PM and Granny was worried that the nurses would be mad she was up so late. I mentioned it to the girls and they all said the same thing - "A visit is worth more than us getting her to bed at a certain time". Granny wasn't tired, so we just kept on chatting. She looks great. She had a bit of a spell the other day, but I think it was related to an infection she has brewing, but they have her on antibiotics so that seems to have calmed things down. I showed her some pictures of the lambs from the farm and she really wants to see a little black one! I might just have to kidnap one from the farm and throw it in the car and take it in to see her!
The residents at the home get excited when you take a dog in there, can you imagine what they would do if they saw a baby lamb!!!!
I heard that Courtney is coming home this weekend - so maybe I'll get a little sister time in while Mom and Aunt Donna are getting a little sister time!
Chow for now,
Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

Sounds like you had a nice time with Granny Jax! I bet she loved that!

Have a great day

Love you

Vicki

February 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home