Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Today is Day one...

So I have been nattering about this for a couple of months now and today is the day. I am going back on my program and I am going to get this weight off. I decided the year that I turned 40, that was my year. I was gonna do things for myself and be conscious of my health and weight...and I did a great job. I lost 50 pounds and was feeling really good. Then my son got sick and was in the hospital and thinking about me and my needs and wants....went straight to the back burner. Thankfully, he got better and was released from the hospital, but it took a good year for him to get back to normal. A good year of me worrying about him and not being concerned about what was happening to me. So, all the weight, plus more, just piled right back on.
I'm tired of looking and feeling the way I do. I wanted to be skinny for my little sister's wedding and I didn't even get anywhere close. I love looking at her wedding pictures...but am disgusted to look at the ones that I am in.
I have heard and read people talk about your body shape, pear or apple. I always thought I was a pear, but this picture that I found clearly shows that I am an apple.
Not sure if I am a Golden Delicious or a Granny Smith, but apple for sure!
So I am starting today. I'm not going to share my weight with you...cause well...that is just way too depressing....But I will try and remember to share the loss with you each week. I know it's not all about the weight - it's more about inches and losing fat and getting lean....I get that...but at the beginning...when you have a large amount of weight to lose, it's the scale that gives you the incentive. So here's to Day One! I hope to do a bit more "moving" this time when I am trying to lose weight.
I lost all the weight before, purely by eating the right things - but I found my skin was a little saggy, so I am hoping if I incorporate some movement into the eating right, my skin will tighten up for me and not be hanging. God knows I can't afford plastic surgery to lop off all the saggy skin....when I get there!
If any of you are on this same journey - Good luck - I know how hard it is.
Chow for now,
Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

You are not a Granny Smith....You are a Golden Delicious and I love you. You will be successful 'cause I know you will.............Love you much and miss you

ME

xo

January 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home