Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge #60 - Designer Paper Challenge

This week over at the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge Blog, we were challenged to use designer paper on our card. I chose the same colour of designer paper, but different designs for my card. This week we also were lucky to have In Style Stamps as our sponsor. Please check the CSAYL Challenge Blog for more information on this great sponsor. I coloured the image with Copics and then used my Nestibilities to cut out the image. I then sponged around the edges a bit. I added dew drops to the Christmas tree to add some texture. I added some ribbon to the top and bottom of the strip of designer paper and some gems at the bottom. I'll be honest - this is not one of my favourite cards I have made. I love the image, but could not get my colouring to look the way I wanted it to......but I had a deadline...so this is what the final result was. I may tweak it some more in the next few days, but I needed to get it up here on time, as I was a little tardy a few weeks with my move. If you have not tried a challenge over at the CSAYL Blog, you really should. They are lots of fun. It gets your creative juices flowin' when you have specific things you have to do and work on. Please try it and then leave me a comment to let me know how much fun you had doing it! Chow for now Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Great card - love how you added dew drops for the ornaments!

August 14, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home