Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

School of Rock

I was stamping tonight..and like I have said before, I always have the television or the radio on so there is noise. So I started surfing to see what I could put on as my “background mood noise”, and I stopped on the movie School of Rock. I absolutely love this movie. I watch it every time I see it is on TV. Jack Black makes me laugh whenever I see him. I must admit though, the character he played in King Kong was so unlike him, it was kind of weird watching that movie. You almost expected him and King Kong to break into song or something, maybe do a little “river dance” with all the cannibals singing along! Those cannibals were creepy......

When the King Kong movie was released, Jack Black hosted Saturday Night Live. Check out his spot!! I have embedded the video, but just in case it does not work, here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZi_JlPzuc












So while I was watching the movie, well lets say while I was “stamp-watching” the movie, I thought I should make a card inspired by Jack and the School of Rock.
So I combined the Teacher Hanna set by Hanna Stamps, and the Rock Star set from Inkadinkado and this is what I came up with.









So I’m certainly not saying that Teach Hanna looks like Jack Black..cause that could not be farther from the truth, but she is a teacher and that was what Jack Black was in the movie. I think the card might need a little “something” but I can’t decide what yet..so I’ll post it anyway!

The base is Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Up! card stock with the next layer designer paper by Creative Imaginations. Teacher Hanna was stamped on Georgia Pacific paper and coloured with the Copic markers. The word Rock star was stamped in Brown Memento ink on So Saffron Stampin’ Up! card stock and then cut out. Some parts of the word were embellished with a gold gel pen as well as Hanna’s necklace and bracelet.
I punched an oval out of So Saffron card stock and sponged it with More Mustard Ink.Both Hanna and the oval and rock star are popped up with dimensionals.

I added a couple of close up shots so you can see the dimension on the card.
Thanks for taking the time to look,
Chow for now,
Jacqui


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home