Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Inky Impressions 1st Design Team Call

I am very excited to be posting today! I am trying my luck at getting onto a design team!
Nicole, who is the owner of Inky Impressions Rubber Stamps has put out a design team call. All posts must be completed by March 17th. (St. Patrick’s Day!) Maybe the “luck o’ the Irish” will be with me!!!

The two cards I am submitting for the Design Team Call are my Bowling Hanna card and my Lily Fairy card.

First off is the Bowling Hanna card. I created this card when I was the Guest Designer for Hanna Stamps, for the month of February! How excited I was to be asked to do that for them!
The base of the card is Night of Navy card stock made by Stampin’ Up!.
The next layer is designer paper made by K & Company.
Bowling Hanna is stamped on Georgia Pacific white card stock and coloured using the Copic markers. The bowling pins and bowling balls were also stamped on Georgia Pacific paper and coloured with the Copics. The layout for the card was from Mojo Monday! I love creating cards using a sketch! They are so much fun to do.


This is a close up of the card so you can see the colouring of Hanna a little better!










My second card is my Lily card. This stamp set is from the Enchanted Lily stamp set from Pink Cat Studios. This card I made for the Lily Fairy contest in January of this year. The image was a pdf document and you downloaded it and printed it off and designed your card. It was my first time with making a card in this way, but it was fun!
And she is such a cute little fairy too!
The base of this card is Chocolate Chip card stock made by Stampin’ Up! Designer paper if the next layer. Lily was stamped on Georgia Pacific white card stock and coloured with the Copic markers. She was then cut out and popped up on the card. Some of Stampin’ Up!’s felt ribbon was adhered along the bottom of the card and some flower embellishments from the dollar store were placed on the ribbon to the left of the card.
She didn’t win the Lily Fairy contest, but I had great fun making the card and was glad to have the opportunity to make a card with such a cute image.
Here is a close up of Lily. Isn't she sweet!
With any luck, I will see my name in the final 10 list on the Inky Impressions Challenge Blog on the 18th!
Wish me luck!
Chow for now,
Jacqui

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

Good luck Hunni!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Vicki

March 15, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Basement Stamper said...

Great cards! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you (and me too!)

March 15, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home