Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Virtual Stamp Nights - Wowzers!



Over at Splitcoast Stampers they had a Las Vegas inspired Virtual Stamp Night today. They posted challenges; one at 10:00 AM, one at 11:00 AM and then one at noon. Each one was a different challenge inspired by something Vegas-like. They are playing again tonight, starting at 7:00 PM. It's really fun (this was my first one....I think I might be addicted now!!! - can you get addicted after just one???) Click here to go to all the information about it.
I have a gazillion things to get done today, so I am only going to post the card I did for the 10:00 AM challenge today and I will post more tomorrow and the next day.
The 10 AM challenge was inspired by the hotel in Las Vegas called Circus Circus. So the challenge included making a card inspired by the Circus, but also it had to have orange in it.
My hubby wanted me to cheat and upload a card that I had already made!!! Cause I just happened to have one that had a lion on it and it has orange on it too....but I just could not bring myself to cheat for my very first VSN!!!
So I cracked open my Wild Thing stamp set made by Close To My Heart and my In The Wild stamp set, also made by Close To My Heart. Inked up the tigers using Pumpkin Pie ink and then I coloured in the black parts with a tiny little marker. I then sponged Barely Banana, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie around the tigers. Creamy Caramel was sponged along the bottom. I then punched out circles using my circle punches. I stamped the fire from the Happy Camper stamp set on Pumpkin Pie designer paper. Then I cut out the flames and stuck them to the back of the circles. I used the small tag punch to cut out tiny pieces of Creamy Caramel card stock which I put under the tigers to make them look like the pedestals they stand on.
I then used the scallop edge punch to punch a strip of Pumpkin Pie designer paper to look like an awning over top of the tigers.

We only have 45 minutes to complete the challenges so that was the best I could do in the time allotted.

I'm sure my stampin' girls will think I'm crazy for cutting out all those flames!!!!!




Chow for now,
Maybe I'll see you over in the VSN later.
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home