Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Hanna in the Tulips!



I don't know about you, but I commute to work. Some days I just crank the toons and rock it out all the way to work. Other days, like today, I actually drove a little slower and took the time to look at "spring". I could not get over all the tulips that are out in bloom. These fairly short lived blooms seem to be invisible one day and the next day they are swaying in the breeze with their vibrant colours.

So when I read the Hanna Stamps challenge tonight, I thought what the heck...I'll put some tulips on my card.

The challenge was to make a card using Always Artichoke, Ruby Red and Creamy Caramel. I paper pieced Hanna's dress with the Always Artichoke Designer Paper. I love this paper. The patterns are so cool and they add a nice touch to any card or scrapbook page. I coloured the tulips with the Ruby Red and Always Artichoke Stampin' Write markers. The base of the card is Creamy Cardstock. I put the Lovely As a Tree stamp in the background to try and make it look like the trees were off in the distance. I'm not sure if I really achieved that or not, but I was fairly pleased with the finished product.

Chow for now,
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home