Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Monday, October 19, 2020

Dog Colouring Class

 I purchased another colouring class from Kit and Clowder!! Actually I am a member now, so each month I get a new class. In the middle of the month Alyce releases a free class for members only, and she also releases a vintage class for a very discounted price. The classes are AMAZING. Not only do you get the instructions, but these instructions are provided in a booklet that you keep FOREVER and you also get a video tutorial that is also yours to keep FOREVER.  So when you are colouring along and you are stuck on how to colour trees lets say, crack open a booklet or fire up the video and get a refresher course on colouring those trees!!!!! I love the NO PRESSURE of the classes. They do not have to completed in a matter of time, once you have purchased it you can work at your own pace and like I said you keep it FOREVER!!!! Anyhow on with the colouring part!!!!

This class I purchased was a Dog colouring class. I learned with both markers and pencils how to colour various breeds of dogs! I still can't get over how a few simple techniques make your images come to life.

We started off with this plain old image of a beagle. I'll be honest, I thought there is no way I'm gonna be able to make it look like those cute little suckers I see walking down the street!!!

Well believe it or not....Here is the finished marker image

And here is the finished pencil image

I think for this beagle I liked the pencil image the best. I had a bit more control with the pencils and I still need to work on fur with my markers.


Next up - the pug!  

Here is the finished marker image.

And the finished pencil image

Once again, I think for the pug I liked the finished product with the pencils. I like his eyes a bit better in the pencil image, they are quite dark in the marker image.

Next one, the husky!

Here is the finished marker image

and the finished pencil image

I think for the husky I liked the pencils as well. He looks fluffier...more like an actual husky with the pencils.

Then on to the Maltese

He is the finished product with the markers. I really actually like this guy. I think the shading really shows the texture in his face.

And the finished pencil product

I like this one too. He's a little softer looking than the marker one. I was really happy with both the maltese images.


French bulldog is next

Here is the marker image. I didn't have the exact same colours as I needed, so I find this one a little not so great. There is too much contrast in the dark part of his face.

The pencil image is a bit better. More control with the pencils allowed for some better shading.

Retriever was next


Here is the final marker image. Not bad. I like the colours, but need to work on my fur!

Finished pencil product. He's okay too, but fur is HARD!!!

These are all 6 of the dogs together coloured in marker

And all 6 of the dogs coloured together in pencil.


Another kick ass class by Kit and Clowder!!!

Chow for now,
Jacqui







































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home