Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, August 15, 2020

28 years - Happy Anniversary to Me!!!!

So I met this guy when I was in nursing school. His dad was my patient. He walked off the elevator to come and visit his dad one day...and well...as they say, the rest is History.



28 years ago today I woke up and it was raining. I thought great, rain on my wedding day, that's just awesome. 😢 But after multiple people telling me how it was "good luck" to have rain on your wedding day. I got over it!! 

 

It was just too much of an exiting day to be all bummed out cause of the weather. As as it turned out by the time I stepped foot out of the car that brought me to the park with Poppa - it had stopped raining.



Gathered with our family and friends we started down this crazy path of marriage.

We got married at Southside Park in Woodstock where we both spent many hours playing ball, watching ball or umpiring ball. So it was fitting to get married there!

Little did I know....the laughter was just beginning


There has been lots of hair come and go over the years! I'll admit though this is one of my favourite pictures of Joe, all tanned up from being outside.

Then we embarked on the "kid thing". Who knew bringing two little people in the world was going to bring us so many smiles and tears all wrapped up into big bundle of love?



And those two little grew up to be two pretty amazing adults. I could not be prouder of the people Jade and Joel have become. They are good people. Caring and thoughtful and they are all mine!!!

There is never a dull moment with this one around. He makes me laugh each and every day.

We even got to spend some time with Dolly (it doesn't really matter that it was a statue does it??)

We took some time a couple of years ago to get some family pictures done (now that there is a photographer in the family things like that are very very important).

We even were blessed to get some taken by that photographer Jade!





I know there have been many doubters over the last 28 years. "they'll never make it, I give them 5 years" etc. etc. But ya know what? Despite all the negative Nelly's getting married was not something that we entered into lightly. When things were rough....we worked it out. When things were great we rode that wave. We may not have a million dollars, and we may not have a fancy house or fancy cars, but we have love and that is priceless. We raised two amazing kids who are awesome adults.

This last picture though.....the looks on our faces.....is pretty typical. Pretty much every day at some point we'll look at each other and be like WTF? What twist is the world gonna throw our way today? But you know, we just buckle up and plow on thru cause we have each other - through thick and thin. 


Love ya honey, here's to another 28 years,

Chow for now, 
Jacqui
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home