Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pillars of the Earth

I read this book and LOVED it. I could not put it down. It is not the type of book that I usually read but it was awesome. I might have to look up some more Ken Follet books to read. I think there is one that is set in the same town and the same area but a whole bunch of years later, so will have to see if I can find that one. So since I had finished the book I decided to watch the 8 part mini-series. It was well done. A few minor things different than the book, but all in all it was well done. There were alot of years to go through which I can imagine was very hard to do in 8 hours. My suggestion - read the book first - then watch the show. This is Tom Builder. I liked that Rufus Sewell - the fella who played Tom Builder was a nice character in this show. He quite often plays mean men and it was nice to see him in a nice role for a change. This is Prior Philip. His acting style kind of reminded me of Tom Hanks a few times during the show. This is Ellen. I really liked her character - strong woman, not afraid to stand up for what she believes. This is Jack, Ellen's son. Thought to be a bit slow...but as it turns out...he is brilliant when it comes to working with stone and mechanics. This is Aliana. She too was a very strong woman and stood up for what she believed in and held true to her promise to her father. This is Waleran Bigod - or in real life Ian McShane. Most times, I love Ian McShane's work...and well I liked his work in this one as well - but he was such an evil man - and being a man of the church and being evil made it even worse. He did a great job as the character - but I like him much better when he plays a nice character! This....is William Hamleigh....he is evil beyond evil. I hated his character in the book and the person they got to play him did a really good job of getting that evil across in his character. I was happy the way the book ended for William!
Chow for now, Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home