Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dragons...and puzzles!

I remember sitting and working on puzzles with my Granny for hours on end. She would sort out all of the edge pieces and then we would sort out all of the pieces that looked the same. You know how some have "legs" and others have "corners" and others have "tits!". Well we would sort all the pieces out onto trays with her and then we would put the edges together and away we would go. I used to love doing this with my Granny. I miss all the time that we used to spend together. On the weekend, Joel decided he would like to do a puzzle. So we grabbed his puzzle that he got for Christmas a few years ago and started in on the sorting. I must say......it was a totally different experience working on a puzzle with my 14 year old son and my husband than it was working on one with Granny. I don't believe Granny ever got out the tape measure to try and figure out the size of the puzzle....um..the box tells you that. And I don't think Granny ever jumped up and did the "winner" dance when she found a piece before me. It's definitely a little more of a competition working with the boys than it was working with Granny. Oh well..times have changed I guess and even though we are competing...I guess...I'm enjoying the time spent with them. Here is the start! It's a funky shape - so the edges were not as easy as a rectangular one. Chow for now Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Gibbs said...

I love puzzles, but not those funky shape ones.
Where's your cookie sheets? Where is your big board so you can slide it under the bed when you are done working on it?
Love those memories.

Love ya,
Di

August 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home