Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Go Canada Go

OH MY GOSH - THEY DID IT!!!!!!! WAY TO GO SCOTT AND TESSA (this was posted early this morning....I did my post, scheduled it for this morning...then went to bed....waking up at 11:25 so I could watch them!)

Wow, I have been watching the Ice Dancing competition on the Olympics. I'm sure you are all aware that Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue are from Ilderton and London respectively. Ilderton is close to my home town of Parkhill. It's funny how you don't personally know people, but then the Olympics come along and there is this huge sense of community and you feel like they are your best friends or your kids when they are in the competition. How many times did you wince when you saw our skiers fall or our skeleton racers banging against the ice walls as they were jetting down the ice track at 128+ miles an hour? Was anyone like me and shed a tear when Scott and Tessa skated the first compulsory dance on Friday night? And then last night when they did amazingly well? They look awesome together. They are like one person when they skate, totally in synch with each other. It is so nice to drive through Ilderton and see all the banners and posters and signs in windows and on doors showing the support for these two great skaters.
My daughter found this great video of them skating. I'm not sure where it is from, but it shows how much fun they have skating together.

Didn't they look like they were having fun?

I got word today that the girl who is getting married, the one I made all the bridal shower cards for, loved her cards. I guess the shower was all done in green and black, she was dressed in green and black as well, so my cards fit right in! This is the one I made for her mom to give to her. I apologize that the picture is a little blurry, but it's been given to her so I can't retake the photo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

What a beautiful card chickie!

February 23, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home