Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Back in the saddle....

Wow - that was a long time away from blogging. I just couldn't find the time. I hadn't done much stamping either so I didn't have any cards to post and I didn't think you would just want to read my ramblings...anyhow....I think I am back in the saddle.
I have done some stamping, so I have some cards to post and I am working on a scrapbook for a dear friend of mine, so I will have some pages to post....and I did 2-page layouts so I can stretch them out over a couple of days right!!!
So yesterday was exciting. We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our German exchange student, Ines (pronounces EEEEE - ness). We have been calling her EYE - NEZ as we weren't sure of the proper pronunciation, but now we are!
She came walking through the door with Jade, Joe and Joel yesterday afternoon at about 5:10 pm. They are 6 hours ahead of us, so that put it at 11:10 pm her time. I'm sure she was pooped! But like every new thing everyone was excited and the kids wanted to show her everything and tell her everything, it was actually quite comical!
She is so sweet she brought us presents!
She brought Joe and I a book about her home town. She brought Jade a CD and she brought a bunch chocolate and candy treats and some foodstuffs from Germany!


She is tall and thin and very pretty. Her English is quite good so we are having no problems communicating at all. I think that is where some of our anxieties were - "would we be able to communicate?" But it's all good. Every once in a while she has to think of the right word to say. It was cute last night she was trying to think of the word "crazy". She could not think of the English word, so she said the word in French. Both Jade and Joel were standing there saying "oh I know this one we just talked about it in school". Then Joel said the word in English and she was like yeah that's the word. It was cute and it's nice to see the kids working together to figure things out. I know that was just a tiny little thing to work together to figure out, but it was still interesting to see. Now if the world could work together...baby steps... just think how great we could be!

Another little comical moment last night was when she went in to have a shower. She timidly came out of the bathroom and stated "your neighbours can see me"! We forgot to show her how to work the mini blinds in the bathroom!
We have never travelled or went anywhere that people do not speak English, so this is a very interesting experience for all of us.
Today we are heading up to the farm to visit with Mom and Dad and Uncle Mel and Aunt Brenda, Courtney, maybe Jay and hopefully Tim too! I always love it when Aunt Brenda's nephew Tim joins us. He is one of the funniest people I know and when he and Aunt Brenda get together it's the best! We are also going into the nursing home to visit Granny and to introduce her to Ines.
I'll post some more pictures after our Turkey day at Mom's!
Chow for now,
Jacqui



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home