Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Jade!!


Well it's hard to believe, but Jade turns 15 today. I can remember the day she was born. It seems like just yesterday. She is such a good kid, and I give her such a hard time all the time, it's a wonder she survives!!



I like this picture of Jade and I. It was a couple of summers ago when we went up to Kingston for a vacation with my BFF Vicki! I don't have very many pictures of me with the kids, cause I am usually on the other end of the camera, so I cherish the ones I do have.






Jade is such a beautiful girl. She has a good heart and she cares about everyone. She always sees the good in people even when they are being mean and nasty.

I like this picture of Jade as well. Vicki took it when we were at the beach in Ipperwash a couple of summers ago. This is her "oh my gosh Mom I can't believe you just said that" face!!

I love trying to shock her every once in a while!! It keeps her on her toes!

This is the card I made for Jade for her birthday. I cased it from one that Cambria did. I loved the layout and all the little embellishments that are on the card.

The base is Purely Pomegranate card stock, with the next layer being Chocolate Chip. The next layer is a piece of designer paper. Hanna is stamped and coloured with Copics and her dress is paper pieced. She is matted on Purely Pomegranate and then matted on Chocolate Chip card stock. Photo corners were punched with Chocolate Chip card stock and pink designer paper. Dew drops were put on the corners. Arrows were punched with the Stampin' Up! arrow punch. The "15" was stamped with Karen Fosters snap stamps and then punched out with the star burst punch. It was then layered on Purely Pomegranate and then on Chocolate Chip. A piece of pink ribbon was attached to the card and the word "celebrate" was applied with a rub on. I'm pleased with the way this card turned out. I hope she likes it!

Love ya, Jadey!!

Chow for now,

Jacqui

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana Gibbs said...

Happy Birthday Jade!

I can still see her here when she was itty bitty, and bawling when you two went home, and you left a diaper behind and I held it and cried so hard.
I can't get over how much she looks like you Jax, even down to the pulling her hair back.
The "nut" didn't fall far from the tree eh?
Love ya,
Di

word of the day: chaml

April 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger MommaC said...

Lovely card, Jacqui!! She's grown up so much since the last time I saw her @ the London Stampede!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADE!!!

April 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home