Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Monday, April 6, 2009

A Little Bit Country........

I absolutely love watching the country music awards. I listen to country music all the time. Country music stars just seem to be so genuine. Not only in the songs they write and sing, but in their lives and when they talk and are being interviewed. They just seem so down to earth and appear to truly love the job they do.
There are so many new people and new groups breaking into the country scene it is hard to keep up with all of them. I like Taylor Swift very much. She seems so pure and honest right now. I hope those qualities stay with her forever. Reba presented her with an award, I believe it was called the Crystal Milestone award for selling more records then anyone in a year and for bringing country music to the younger age group. It was cute, cause she had no idea she was getting it.
I always like to see George Strait perform. He is a classic and does not rely on light shows and props to entertain the fans. He stands up there and plays his guitar and sings his songs and it’s golden!
Did you see Reba’s dress she had on when she presented Taylor Swift with her award? It was very pretty. It was green and black. Two colours that look fabulous on her with her beautiful red hair. I must say though…it kind of looked like the black parts could have been leather, which made me think of “Lady Heather” from CSI!!!!!!
Wow…I’ve never seen Leanne Womack play the guitar before. I was wishing she had of performed her new song “Last Call” but she did some other song I have never heard before. My all time favourite song of hers is “I Hope You Dance”. Her beautiful children are in the video with her and I love the dress she has on in the video, and oh yeah….the song is awesome too!!
Good Lord – I was glad to see that Kelly Pickler managed to keep her boobs in her dress, but holy heck, she looked like she got beat up and was trying to cover it up with make up.
I’m still trying to figure out if she is really that dense or if she is just putting on a show.
So this whole country music conversation is really leading up to something! On Saturday night, Willie Nelson is going to be in London and I am gonna be at the concert!!!! I can hardly wait. I have always wanted to see him in concert. I have always wanted to see Merle Haggard as well. I had tickets to see him last year and his drummer became ill and the concert was cancelled. I was very sad. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Willie and his crew will be healthy and be able to put on a great show. He is having Ray Price as a special guest and rumor has it Billy Bob Thornton. I have only ever heard one song by Billy Bob and that was the one her wrote for Angelina Jolie, so hopefully if he comes along it will be a good show. Whenever I go to see The Roadhammers I call my BFF Vicki. We totally cannot hear each other on the phone, but I like to make sure she knows I am thinking about her and wishes that she was at the concert with me. So when my phone rang tonight I was surprised….it was Vicki calling me from the Willie Nelson concert in her home town!!!! She always surprises me!!!!! I love her to pieces!!! Only 18 more sleeps until I get to hang out with her for a weekend!!! I cannot wait…the next 18 days are gonna go by sooooo slow.
All righty….onto the card!


I have loved these little owls ever since I saw the card that Diana made with them. They are just so cute with their huge eyes. I finally inked them up this weekend. I’m not sure who this card is going to be for. I have a bunch of April birthdays, so I am making a bunch of cards and I will decide later who gets which one.
The base of the card is Baja Breeze card stock. The next layer is designer paper from the collection in the new Occasions mini – I can’t think of the name of it right now. The owls were stamped and coloured with the Copics. I used my Nestabilities to cut them out and then matted them with some Baja Breeze. Put a little bit of white satin ribbon from the Occasions Mini catalogue and stamped the happy birthday sentiment across the bottom.
Quick card, but cute I think.
Chow for now,

Jacqui

1 Comments:

Anonymous Karen said...

Cool card, girl. We started watching the Awards last night but ended up falling asleep, so up to bed we went.
Hey!!! Was that a watermark I saw on that card??? COOL!!!

April 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home