Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bellagio Bella Rose

Getting my mojo going to stamp something sometimes is not as easy as it seems. Some days I can sit down and pump out some cards and other days, I can sit and look at the stamp set and the paper for hours and never come up with a decent idea. That's when I head over to Splitcoast Stampers to case some cards from some very talented people.
This past weekend, Splitcoast Stampers hosted a mini virtual stamp night. It was the first one I participated in. Challenges were posted every hour and you had 45 minutes to complete each challenge.
This particular challenge was to be inspired by the Bellagio hotel and the card had to have acetate and flowers in the design.

The base of the card is Kiwi Kiss card stock.


The next layer is Bella Rose designer paper. Riding Hood Red is the next layer, punched with an edge punch. The Pirouette Pink piece is cuttlebugged with an embossing folder. The flower is stamped on acetate with Stazon and then I coloured on the back of the image with re-inkers and a blender pen. I then put Crystal Effects where the image was coloured and then poured Dazzling Diamonds on top to give it a sparkly effect. I let it dry and then mounted it on top of the pink piece with 2 white brads. I then cut the rose and the leaves from the Bella Rose paper and popped up parts of it to make more dimension. Here are some close up pictures of the rose and the "sparkly" part.













Chow for now,
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home