Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Joel!!


Today is my baby boy's 13th birthday! It's a big deal to become a teenager, but after the hospital scare we had with Joel at the end of November, beginning of December, we are very happy he has made it to 13. I'm not sure I am mentally prepared to live in the same house with 2 teenagers, but time will tell.
Here is Joel with his birthday card. He loves penguins, so I had to put one on his card. I'm not certain I like the way the card turned out, but he seemed to like it so that is all that matters.
The basic is Kiwi Kiss and the designer paper is from a 6 x 6 Basic Gray stack. The half circle was cuttlebugged with the Happy Birthday embossing folder. The penguin was stamped and then coloured with the Copic markers and then cut out and placed on another Kiwi Kiss circle. Slits were punched in the circle to feed the twill ribbon through. Relatively easy card to make, I just think it needs something else. But my best friend Vicki has always told me.....sometimes, less is more!!! So I try to remember that when I making my cards.
Here is another shot of just the card.
















Today is also the August 2009 installment of my Riley calendar. It's actually great timing, since this post is about Joel, cause he coloured this Riley too! I love the way he made the tent look like camouflage!!
Thanks for taking the time to look today!
I'm gonna try and stay up late enough to hang out on the Hanna Stamps forum for a bit since tonight is a release night!! Nothin' better than new stamps!!
Chow for now,
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home