Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Return to Normal

Wow, check at the date on my last post....December 4th. Where have I been. Well...as most of you know my son Joel was in the hospital from November 26th until the 6th of December. They were 11 of the longest days of my life. I think I went through the whole range of emotions possible. There is nothing worse than having someone you love in the hospital and you being totally helpless in making them better. Anyhow, he came home on the 6th of December and is slowly coming back to normal. He has that twinkle in his eye back - which is one of his best traits! He is also getting stronger every day, which we are very thankful for.
I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who called, sent messages, made food, came for a visit, or sent happy thoughts. It is very comforting to know that when the chips are down your friends will come and help to pick you up. I am truly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life and words cannot express how much you helped us all through this scary time.
And guess what???
I actually have a card to post!!!!
I participated in a small swap with some close friends of mine over the holiday season. The inspiration for this card was the Christmas song "A Cowboy Christmas". Immediately I thought of the cowboy Riley (have a I mentioned how much I love Riley!!!!) Anyhow, I designed this card for our little swap. The trees were stamped and then coloured with Copics. They were then cut out and place within the layers of snow which were created from torn paper. Liquid applique was then applied to the layers of snow as well as to the trees.
This was a very fun card to create, although it did take some time to create, due to all the cutting involved!


I hope you enjoyed my little post! I plan to post more frequently, now that our lives are somewhat back to normal.
Chow for now,
Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger stampingtink said...

I'm so glad your son is on the mend and was able to be home! What a blessing. I'll keep him and you in my thoughts. What an adorable card! I love Riley and the trees rock! Great colors!

December 29, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home