Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Deep Freeze

We we have had a very cold spell here for the last few days. We got a dumping of snow and then we went into a deep freeze. This morning it is minus 24.
I got up this morning, got ready for work. Joe had gone out and warmed up the Escape for me so I would be toasty when I got in to leave for work.
I jump in, get all buckled in and get ready to go down the lane way.
There are couple of spots in our lane that drift pretty bad. They were drifted a bit yesterday but the snow was pretty fluffy so a good "run at it" and you were through. 
Well last night we had a wicked wind blowing all night which made the drifting a bit worse.
So as I put my Escape in drive and said to myself "you got this", my vehicle started moving forward right into the ROCK SOLID drift of snow that was created by the massive winds last night. And there it sits. It won't move anywhere. I can't even get any of that rocking action you get so someone can help push you out - I am just stuck in the snow drift.
Oh well I think - I can work from home today.
So I log on, send an email to my boss to let him know my dilemma.
But now, the furnace is not working like a furnace should so it is like 10 degrees in our house right now.
I am sitting in my office chair with a space heater beside me wrapped in Granny's electric blanket cranked on to HIGH.
Arizona is looking really good right about now.
Chow for now
Jacqui


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home