Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ray of sunshine........



There is nothing more beautiful than a sleeping baby. Especially this sleeping baby! This little ray of sunshine helped many of us get through some tough times over the last little while. The last couple of months have been rough for our family. But then we turn around and there is Daphne smiling her beautiful little smile and it lessens the hurt in your heart just a bit.


We lost Mike very suddenly and that was a huge shock. I could not believe it. He was taken much too young. The support of the Community Living community was overwhelming. Their display at his funeral was beautiful and their support for Jeanne and Nancy was wonderful. It’s in times like these that we see how much someone has touched our lives as well as others. I am so happy that he got the opportunity to walk Nancy down the aisle at her wedding. He looked so handsome. 








Last week we lost Uncle John Bannister. I was so not ready to receive that phone call. He always had a smile on his face and was always laughing. I loved the way whenever he saw me he would get a big smile and say hello. I got a great big hug from him at Christmas and then again at Mike’s funeral. I was overwhelmed at the number of people who came out to support Aunt Gloria, Lori, Charlene and Steve and their families. I think it was estimated between 800-1000 people paid their respects. His service was very nice in spite of the dreadful weather on the day of the service. Some people were unable to make the service and they were missed. I have great respect for Lori, Charlene, Steve and Abby for getting up and sharing stories about Uncle John. I don’t know how they did it. And I certainly don’t know how Courtney was able to sing the beautiful hymn she sang for him. As always she did a wonderful job and I’m sure he was looking down from above and was enjoying every single note.

My heart is still heavy and I am still sad and I think I will be for quite some time. I’m not ready to be at the stage in my life where this is starting to happen.

But when I get feeling down, I take a look at this precious little girl and it makes me smile.

Hug the ones ya love,

Chow for now,

Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Gibbs said...

What a beautiful post my sweet sister, hugs and love to everyone from far away in Arizona, wish we could have been there to hug and love in person. I love you!

March 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home