Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Leo the Lion gets his Mojo on


You know how when you look at a stamp or a stamp set and it just jumps off the page at you and you just have to have it? Well when I saw Leo - he leaped off the page and I just had to have him. He is made by High Hopes http://www.highhopesstamps.com/ but I purchased him from Scrappin' Great Deals http://www.scrappingreatdeals.com/home.php . How pleased was I when I submitted my order on Thursday or maybe Friday of last week and my package was in my house on Monday when I came home from work!!!! Just like Christmas! I love getting stuff from Sheila at Scrappin' Great Deals. Not only does she have awesome shipping times, she has got to be one of the nicest ladies I have ever met! She has great prices and has the children with the biggest most beautiful eyes I have ever seen!

So I opened up my package to see all the goodies I had ordered! Some Nestabilities, Leo and some more paper!! You can NEVER have too much paper - lol - and if you ask anyone who has been to my house.....I could probably wallpaper my entire house with the designer paper I have!!!!

I couldn't resist it. I had to put ink to Leo as soon as I got him out of the box! I decided I would try to combine Leo with the Mojo Monday sketch. (If you don't know what Mojo Monday is check out this blog http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/, each Monday a new sketch is posted. It's a great way to get your creative juices flowing). I started out using the Mojo Monday sketch, but tweaked it a tiny bit by putting the sentiment on the top of the orange strip and putting Leo in the bottom right corner instead of a tiny image in the centre.

I started out by stamping Leo on a piece of smooth Neenah paper and colouring him with the Copic markers ( have I told you how much I love these markers??!!). I then cut him out.

The base of the card is Stampin' Up!'s Chocolate Chip card stock. The orange polka dotted paper is the "About A Boy" series by Fancy Pants. The brown with circles and stars paper is the other side of the "About A Boy" Fancy Pants paper. The sentiment "Howdy" is from Stampin' Up!'s "A Little Somethin'" hostess set, which is available in the latest Stampin' Up! catalogue.

I'm pleased with the way Leo turned out. I hope you enjoy looking at him as well.

Chow for now

Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home