Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kiwi Snowmen

Well since I am allergic to kiwi.....making cards using Kiwi Kiss paper is the closest I get!!
I have not been to a doctor to get a concrete diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure I am allergic and if I'm not....well food really should not make your body react like that!
It's odd how you find out you are allergic to something. I was at work one day eating lunch with my good friend Joan. I peeled my kiwi, being very proud of myself that I was eating something healthy for lunch!!! I ate my kiwi and then as we were sitting there talking my throat started feeling weird. We thought maybe I didn't get all the hairy covering off the kiwi before I ate it....seemed like a reasonable answer to me. So I just drank and drank and tried to dislodge the "kiwi hair" from my throat! A few weeks later, someone at work had a birthday so there was cake. It was a yummy looking cake. You know the kind....white cake...very light....with a creamy fruity centre. So of course...Jacqui gets a piece of cake on her plate and eats it up.....then later my throat started feeling wonky again. So I went back and had a closer look at the cake and sure enough...that tasty creamy fruity centre was a strawberry-kiwi mix. So off to drink some more liquids to try and get the "kiwi hair" out of my throat again. So I concluded that maybe I shouldn't be eating the kiwi. So I have been careful keeping an eye out for "kiwi infested" foods!!

Then another time.....(this one time at band camp just kidding!)......I had a bunch of people over to the house to stamp and they brought snacks and things. My friend Sarah brought a fruit salsa with cinnamon chips for dipping. Oh my goodness it smelled and tasted sooooo good. Yep, you guessed it....I am stamping way and there it was....the damn "kiwi hair" in my throat again.....I was like...um....was there kiwi in that salsa? Sarah's eyes got all wide and she said - oh oh...are you allergic? But I'm still here so the kiwi hasn't got me yet!!!!

Alrighty then...enough about my kiwi issues!!!

Here is the card I made up yesterday while I was at home by myself in the peace and quiet of Remembrance Day.



The base of the card is Kiwi Kiss cardstock. The snowmen are stamped on Shimmery White cardstock and coloured using the Stampin' Write markers. The Shimmery White stamped piece is then mounted on a piece of designer paper from the Ski Slope collection. The designer paper was coloured "direct to paper" with Kiwi Kiss ink. The base card was wheeled with the Snow wheel in Kiwi Kiss and in White craft ink. The snowflakes were cut using the Big Shot and attached together with a gold brad and adhered to the card with glue dots. The sentiment was stamped with Kiwi Kiss ink and punched out using the square scallop punch. It too was mounted on a piece of designer paper from the Ski Slope collection. It was then adhered to the card using a Stampin' Dimensional. A strip of Kiwi Kiss paper was coloured with direct to paper using Kiwi Kiss ink and adhered to the base card across the top of the card.

Chow for now,
Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

That is very very pretty.......... please keep your throat free of HAIR I need to see you next weekend!!!!

November 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home