Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hope ya feel better....

One of my friends at work, Chad (hey Chad!!) has the cutest son named Josh (hi Josh!). He has blond hair and has an infectious smile and just makes me smile every time I see him. It's funny how kids remember things or remember certain people. I met Josh for the first time when he and his dad and mom came to the kids Christmas party that our work puts on. We have our Christmas parties for the kids at the Boys and Girls Club in London and the place is awesome. We rent the whole building and the kids come and do whatever they want - they can play in the ball room or the foam room - basically it's a big room with large sunken floors and on one side of the hall they are filled with balls and on the other side of the room they are filled with foam. And trust me, it's not only the kids that end up jumping in the balls and the foam!! They can also swim in one of the two pools, do any activity in the gymnasium, floor hockey, basketball etc. They can also rock climb, Foosball, pool, ping pong, arts and crafts, you name it, they can play it! They see Santa and he gives them presents and the last few years some of our talented staff have put a "house" band together and they entertain. But back to Josh....I met him at the Christmas party and Chad introduced him to me and he is such a little gentleman he shook my hand (his manners are very good!). Then I don't think I saw him again until one day when Chad brought him into work to visit on his day off. Then one day Chad didn't have a sitter so he stayed home from work to care for Josh but he had a meeting to attend, so he brought him in with some colouring books and crayons to colour while Chad had his meeting. I offered to let Josh hang out in my cubicle with me while Chad did his meeting. Since then we have become friends!
Another day he came to see me and the first thing he said to me was "Oh I've been missing you!" How sweet is that....this coming from a 5 year old. He is such an old soul and very very smart.
Recently, Josh has taken up football. I guess he got tackled by a bigger kid and when the bigger kid landed on Josh, he broke Josh's arm. Chad was telling me the other day that he and Josh were sitting on the couch watching TV and Josh said "I wonder what Jacqui would say if she saw my cast". I just think it is so cute that he thinks about me! So anyhow I made a card for Josh and I am gonna send it in the mail. All kids LOVE to get mail!!! So hopefully this card will put a smile on his face.


I used Chocolate Chip as the base. Layered Creamy Caramel Stamped with the pine trees from Lovely as a Tree over top. I then stamped and coloured the Riley's using the Copic markers (which I love more and more each time I use them!) I cut the Riley's out and adhered the one in the tent right to the Creamy Caramel piece. I used my Grass punch to punch out a line of grass, and then I cut along side Riley's arms so I could put the grass along the tent and his arms over top of the grass. Then I popped up the Riley with the marshmallows with dimensionals, and punched some more grass for in front of the fire. I put white liquid applique on the marshmallows to make them puff up!! And I coloured his little oven mitt with RED!!!!! Safety first!!
So thanks for looking, and I hope this card will put a smile on Josh's face.
Chow for now,
Jacqui

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

Oh my Gosh!! Josh will love this one!!!!!

YAY only ^ MORE SLEEPS!

November 16, 2008 at 4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!!! Great way to use the Riley stamps!

November 25, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home