Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Simon Says.........Goodbye......





Over the past year or two my parents cat, Simon, was dealing with some "internal" issues and was on meds to help him perform his normal functions each day. Unfortunately medicine can only do so much and Simon's issues were too much for him to handle. So my parents had to make the hard decision to put him down. I was at work the other day and my mom called to tell me that my cat Patch, who recently passed away, had some company. I wasn't sure what she meant at first because the day before she had called me to inform me that a cousin of ours had passed...and then I thought..Patch was a cat....I put 2 and 2 together and said WHAT?? Simon? She said yes and then explained to me about his internal issues, that I won't go into here. He will definitely be missed. He was quite the unique cat for sure. I remember one time we were over there and one of his favourite toys was a stuffed banana. He would play with that thing for hours. My son Joel had asked Grandma if he could have a banana. She said sure. So Joel went out into the kitchen and grabbed a banana. I guess Simon could not tell the difference between the "fuzzy" banana and a "real" banana and he started growling and hissing and chasing Joel! Joel was quite a bit smaller then and was scared to bits! Simon had a very "interesting" growl/hiss/meow - whatever you wanted to call it - when he was really angry he sounded like a jungle cat!

I'm not sure if my Dad will admit it or not, but I bet he will miss him a lot. They spent quite a bit of time together. When my Patch passed away, someone emailed me and said they become our "furbabies" and nestle right in our hearts. How true is that?

This picture of Simon is from Christmas. We were unwrapping presents and he kept crawling under the tissue paper and laying there! It was comical.




Rest in Peace Simon. Say hi to Patch when you get to kitty heaven




Chow for now,




Jacqui

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki G said...

Poor Simon! Feel bad for Mom and Dad! Hope you're having a good weekend

Love you!

Vicki

June 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home