Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Inspiring for sure!


I was having a little cat-nap on the couch the other day and when I was in that "do I really want to wake up" stage, I heard a song on the television. I had CMT on while I was napping. I kept my eyes closed for a while just to listen to the beautiful sound of this person's voice. It was a pure melodic sound and the words to the song were impressive as well. When I opened my eyes, I must admit I was surprised to see who was singing the song. It was Justin Hines Justin is a Canadian who suffers from, (well I don't want to say suffers from, because when you read his website, he states he was born like this so he knows nothing different). So I will take the words from his site ...."Justin copes with a rare genetic joint condition called Larsen Syndrome".

This keeps him bound to a wheelchair. After watching him on the video, I made a mental note to myself to look him up online. Later on that day, I was sitting at my table stamping and a commercial came on television and the music was very melodic, and then I looked up to see who was singing and it was Justin again! He was singing a theme song to a commercial we have here in Ontario, which is "Ontario, Yours to Discover". They are very nice commercials, they show some of the beautiful places Ontario has to offer ( I don't get any kick backs from the Ontario government for promoting our Province!!! - but hey...If you've never been here!!! come on over for a visit!!!). Isn't that the way it goes. You buy a new car, that you have never seen before, and then as soon as you drive it off the lot.....you see them every where you turn!

Anyhow, I'm not sure if I will get a card done tonight to post on here for you, so I thought I would share Justin with you. He has a CD coming out June 2nd!!!

If you click on his name near the top of this post, it will take you to the video part of his web site.

The very first video called Say What You Will, is the song that I woke up to the other day on the couch. I have written the lyrics here for you.


Say What You Will - By Justin Hines


and if I were to die today

my life would be more than OK

for the time I spent with you

it's like a dream come true


and if this was the last goodbye

no more tears to dry

I would say it one more time

s'been more than fine


but how could I have known

and how could I have shown

so say what you will

before it's too late

say what you will mmmhmmmm

say what you will before it's too late

say what you will mmmhmmmm


and if you were to walk away

no you couldn't stay

just think of all the times we've had

all the good and not the bad


but how could I have known

and how could I have shown

so say what you will

before it's too late

say what you will mmmhhmmm

say what you will before it's too late

say what you will mmmhhmmm


and all the time that I was holdin' back

just trying to protect myself

well I want you to know

that I loved you more than that


so say what you will

before it's too late

say what you will mmmhmmm

say what you will before it's to late

say what you will mmmhmmm

say what you will before it's too late

say what you will mmmhmm


if I were to die today,

my life would be more than OK.



Chow for now,

Jacqui


1 Comments:

Anonymous Becca said...

Thanks for the info on Justin. I've heard him sing the Ontario song and didn't know who he was. He has a great voice.

May 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home