Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Music Expressions


It's always exciting to see the new Stampin' Up! catalogue when it comes out each year. For the past year we have had two catalogues. I am happy to report that Stampin' Up! has decided to go back to having one catalogue per year. I always like to see what stamp set "jumps out at me" from the page. This set, Music Expressions, was one of them. I love music. I always have music playing in some way or another. It could be the radio, it could be CMT on television, it could be my eclectic collection of music that I have compiled into a number of CD's. I love country music, but I also enjoy other types as well. My younger sister, Courtney, is very talented in the musical department! She can burn the keys up on the piano and has the voice of an angel when she sings. I am very proud of her and love to listen to her play and sing. So because of all this music I enjoy, this stamp set was one that jumped off the page into my shopping cart...well not exactly into my shopping cart since we order our things online and don't actually go to a store, but you know what I mean.

I love the little bird that is sitting on the branch and the flowers and vines surrounding the violin.


The base card stock is Pale Plum. I used Baroque Motifs with Pale Plum ink to stamp some flourishes on the base card stock. I used my nestie to cut out the Mellow Moss card stock and then the smaller size to cut out the water colour paper. The image was stamped on the water colour paper and then coloured with the re-inkers and aquapainters. I stamped the image again on the watercolour paper and then coloured the bird, flowers, butterfly, dragon fly and violin and then cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals. I applied Crystal Effects to the violin to make it look shiny to give it the appearance of being nice and varathaned.

Chow for now,

Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home