Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Poutin' just a little......

Yep....that's me....sittin' in Woodstock....in the snow....in the cold....poutin' ....wanna know why??? Cause my girls I chat with EVERY SINGLE DAY are at CHA! I'm so very happy for them that they got to go there, and very proud of them for going as well......but still poutin'!!

But the big reason I am pouting is because my sister Diana and my best friend Vicki and my dear friend Kristi are all going to meet each other today. I have been hoping that some day Diana and Vicki would meet each other. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Diana's BFF Tracy when we went cruisin' together on the 2006 Mexican Riviera Stampin' Up! cruise. Tracy is so sweet, and she and Diana are like two peas in a pod. You would think they have known each other forever. It was awesome to get to meet Tracy and finally put a face to the name that Diana always talks about! Well that is the way I feel about Vicki. We have not known each other forever, but it feels like we have known each other for a very long time. We get each other's sick sense of humor!!! Our kids get along great and we just kinda clicked when we met. So I have been wanting to get Diana and Vicki to meet sometime. So they are gonna finally do that today.....and I'm sitting here in the snow.....while they are in sunny California!!!

So even if this is the first time you have visited my blog...I think you'll agree I have reason to pout!!!! ha ha

Okay - enough on the poor me soap box!!!

I whipped up this card the other night.

I have been seeing so many cards using the Top Note die from Stampin' Up! and I have only made one card with it, so I thought I would make one.

The base is Really Rust, which I applied ink to using the Direct to Paper technique.

The next layer is Old Olive, which I also applied ink to using the Direct to Paper Technique.

The next layer is Watercolour Paper which I cut out using the Top Note Die. I stamped the car from the Thoughts of Father Stampin' Up! stamp set, using Stazon ink. I then sponged clouds using card stock and the scallop punch and Bashful Blue ink. I then sponged Old Olive ink on the bottom to look like grass. I then water coloured (as best I can) using the re-inkers and the aqua painters. I then stamped the sentiment from the same set across the top and finished it off with some ribbon across the top.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

Chow for now,

Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home