Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Jactopia Invites

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I was looking through my posts about Jactopia and realized that I did not post the picture of the invite for Jactopia!
Anyhow, here's the pic of the invitation and a couple close ups of each Riley!!
These were fun to make. I always try to make an invitation for the event and try to come up with different ideas for the invites as well as what to put in the goody bags everyone gets when they come!!!
So this year I settled on using Riley for my invitation!! Partly cause he is so stinkin' cute and partly cause Kristi Ferro (http://www.hannastamps.com/) was coming and I thought she would get a kick out of it!
So I used all of the Rileys that I have that had anything at all to do with travelling!
I made a long card -which fit in a legal size envelope.
I stamped the single tree from Lovely as a Tree in the background a few times, put a piece of basic black cardstock that had been embossed using the cuttlebug along the bottom, using the white gel pen to make the highway centre lines, then stamped the Rileys, coloured them with the Copics and cut them out and popped them up on the card.
I then used my Karen Foster snap stamps to stamp "Jactopia or bust" in the flag that flies behind Rileys airplane.
Now those Karen Foster snap stamps - why they were discontinued I will never know. They are the best things since sliced bread - and really like sliced bread - so you know how much I love these little suckers.
Chow for now,
Happy November 1!!
And for those of you who have to do it.....don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!
Jacqui


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my invite, and wish I coulda gone...oh well maybe next year eh?
Eric looked at my invite and was like "umm, they can't drive.......meaning moose, meeses, moose to the 3...whatever
Love ya,
Di

November 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home