Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Remembering Poppa.....

I should have had this posted on Monday, the 20th, but I was out of town with no access to my computer or the internet for that matter.
The 20th would have been Poppa's 97th birthday. It's hard to believe it will be 18 years this November since he passed away. He was such a good guy. He could be a hard ass when he wanted to, but as far as Diana and I were concerned, he was the best. I can't seem to find all the pictures I wanted to find, but here are a few.
Here are Granny and Poppa with Diana. 
Granny and Poppa. I think this is an anniversary picture, but I'm not sure what year.
This is Poppa at the rehearsal dinner for our wedding!



This is Poppa looking pretty dapper in his tuxedo. He didn't want us to spend the money on getting him a tux, but we insisted. He looked GREAT!
This is just before we got in the car to head down to the ceremony!

Here are he and Diana having a dance! 




And here is me, with the 3 most important people in my life. (Until my kids came along and then there were 5!)

I miss him every day and hope that he and Granny are up there looking down on us and are proud of all of us.
Chow for now,
Jacqui



1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Gibbs said...

What a great post, it is so hard to believe it has been that long. OMG! that pic of Poppa in his tuxedo....look how fat I was...you are skinnier than me! I was the whitest person in AZ. I love the pic of Granny and Poppa and I think it was the one they put in the church booklet as well. Great memories my sweet sister. Love you and miss you, Di

April 22, 2015 at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home