Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

When the Game Stands Tall.....GREAT movie


I was feeling a little under the weather the other day so decided to sit back and watch a movie. I picked When the Game Stands Tall. Wow. What a great choice.
I remember seeing the trailer for this movie and thought it looked really good and I always like a movie that is inspired by a true story. 
Jim Caviezel played the character of Bob Ladoucer - the coach of the football team. It was nice to see him play a different role for a bit, as I  have been watching him play "John Reese" on Person of Interest. He was able to play this character well, although there were a couple of times the look on his face was the same as the one he gets just before he shoots someone on the knee cap!
Michael Chiklis plays the character of Terri Edison, the assistant coach and best friend of Bob Ladoucer. He did a great job in this role as well.
Clancy Brown plays the character of Mickey Ryan. I have been enjoying watching him play the cop/mentor to Abby Mills in the television show Sleepy Hollow, so it was nice to see him in a different role as well. He did a great job of playing one of those pain in the ass parents that you just want to ban from the stadium/gym/field/court because they can't just come and watch the game, they have to get all up in people's face and push and push and push their kids for all the wrong reasons. 
I'm not a huge fan of football....I'll be honest...I watch the Super Bowl every year - but it's mostly for the half time show! But I have enjoyed all of the football movies I have watched - The Blind Side, The Replacements, The Longest Yard, We are Marshall. They have all been great. This one is as well.
If you get a chance to watch it. Give it a go!
Here is the trailer for it.

Chow for now, 
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home