Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Funny how things happen........

Not that this is a life-shattering thing or anything, but sometimes it makes me laugh the way things happen. You are thinking about a time in your life and then the song that was the soundtrack of that moment comes on the radio. You are thinking about someone and then you happen to see them the next day at the mall...you know things like that.
On Sunday, after getting home from a fun stamping weekend with my good friends Donna and Kim, I had a bit more stamping to finish up. So I sat at my table, turned on my laptop and popped in a movie to have on in the background. I decided to put in Jersey Boys. Mum had taken me to the theatre to see the show and it was fabulous. The music was amazing and I love the way they did the show with the show still going on, but then someone kind of steps apart from the scene and talks to you. I was very excited to see that it was coming to the movie theatres and that Clint Eastwood was directing the show. After I did a bit of research I realized that he pretty much kept most of the original cast from the Broadway show and put them in the movie. (brilliant!!) Anyhow, I watched the movie and it was really good. It was pretty much exactly like the theatre show and the music of course was awesome.

So last night, I decided to sit down and watch the most recent episode of Hawaii Five O. As the show was starting and they put on the various names of the people who are in the show that evening.......the name Frankie Valli came across the screen. I just thought that was kind of funny/interesting that I had just watched Jersey Boys the night before and then Frankie Valli is on the next show that I watch. He played Leonard, a fellow who was getting married to McGarrett's Aunt Deb played by Carol Burnett. I thought it was interesting that in the wedding scene Carol Burnett sang to  him. I wonder what she felt like singing to Frankie Valli! 

So not a huge long post today, just a little bit of what swirls around in this old head of mine!
Chow for now,
Jacqui










1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Gibbs said...

It is funny. In fact one time Teri and I came to Canada we stopped in Strathroy to get Kinder Eggs on the way to the airport. The check out girl was Diane Mundy from high school, but when I introduced Teri I said Diane DeMay by mistake (I worked with her at ReMax before Eric was born), so I corrected myself. When we got to the baggage claim in Phoenix who do we run into? Diane DeMay...so then I got to introduce Teri to the real Diane DeMay too, it was freaky!!! Love you!

December 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home