Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

35 days until Christmas!

Can you believe that it is only 35 days until Christmas? Yeah me neither. It seems it was just a month ago I was buying a Christmas present and it has been a whole year. Just like last year though, we are trimming way down. Really, what do we need? Nothing, other than spending quality time with family and friends. That is what Christmas is all about and that is what we are going to focus on. Not the number of presents under the tree. We did this last year, and my kids told me it was the best Christmas ever! So I'm looking forward to another season of love and friendship! To get ready for the Christmas season, I made some clip boards. I am still making some, and hopefully will be able to sell them all! They are so fun to make.
This one I did using Theresa Collins paper. I have never seen Theresa Collins paper before, but I love the texture of it and the rich colour. So on the back of the clip board there is a little bag that holds the tags that have the numbers on them. There is a magnet on the back of each tag, which will attach to the tiny piece of tin that is behind the paper on the front! There are many numbers so you can make the different count down days until Christmas!
This one is done using Bo Bunny paper. My good friend Kim made one and I had to case it. I love the vintage look of it! It's hard to tell from the picture, but the holly in the corners are 3-D as well as the piece of holly over the word Christmas at the bottom. The candies on the designer paper have been "shined up" with Crystal Effects, and the piece under the number section is ribbon.
This one is done using Recollections paper. I don't think I have ever used their paper before, but will definitely use it again. The red piece in the background - all those snowflakes - FLOCKED on the paper! How fun is that? And the big black snow man hat - FLOCKED as well! It adds for fun texture on the project. There is polar white flower soft on the letters to look like snow! The numbers for this one have been put in the centre of snowflakes - I thought that was fitting for the snowman theme! My friend at work loves snowmen, so she asked me to make some snowman stuff! So this is what I have come up with so far...but the ideas are still swirling around and there is no volleyball or field hockey or anything else this weekend that I know of...so I will be whipping up some more!
Hope you liked this little countdown to Christmas!
Chow for now,
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home