Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Garden Dude




On Saturday evening my hubby Joe, my Mom Linda, my sister-in-law Lorna and myself went to a dinner and a show. My son won the tickets by being able to identify the face of a movie star or our local cable television station a few weeks ago.

The event that he won the tickets for was a fund-raising event for the Mental Health Association. It was called Stand Up for Mental Health. The show was a stand up comedy routine and all of the participants suffer from some type of mental disorder. As part of their therapy, they have enrolled in the Stand Up for Mental Health class and they write jokes and do performances based on their struggles with their mental health disorders. The show was great and I have a great deal of respect for the participants. I am not a public speaker by any stretch of the imagination. I hated it in school - got nervous as anything, so I can only begin to imagine how hard it is for these people to get up and speak about the issues they have with their mental health. They got a lot of laughs from the audience and all in all the night was enjoyable.

The dinner was delicious. With the event being a fundraiser, they had a number of balloons you could purchase. Balloons were $20 each and inside the balloon was a number. At the end of the evening we popped the balloon and we got the corresponding prize.

I got this little garden dude. Joe thinks he looks like a starved reindeer - but I think he is kind of cute. I also got a plant trolley, which I did not take a picture of but basically it is a little round tray on wheels so you can easily move a potted plant around.

I didn't do any stamping on Sunday....I know bad girl.....but I just took advantage of the fact that is was Mothers' Day and got all caught up on my TV shows that I taped last week and I even had a little nap! Will get back to stamping this week....I need to organize my second Christmas Card class to be held on the 25th of this month.


Chow for now,


Jacqui


2 Comments:

Blogger Diana Gibbs said...

Do you think it is a human trying to be a lady bug, although his shirt is green?
I love it, sounds like you had a lot of fun. Sorry Dad was not able to go, and he didnt even need to go over the border.
Love ya,
Di

May 11, 2009 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Vicki G said...

I think it's kind of a cool looking creature!!! Looks like your style hunni! Glad you had a good time!

Vicki

May 11, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home