Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where is Mr. (W)right?

The funniest thing happened yesterday.
I was on my way home from work and I quite often will get a text message from my daughter Jade asking me to pick her up from school. Some days I'm a nice mom and will go and pick her up and other days I'm a mean old bag and make her walk home. Luckily for her yesterday I had some running around to do and was going to be around her school so I told her I would pick her up. I drove up to the school and picked her up and as she closed the door to the car she said "there's Mr. Wright" ( he was her business teacher last year and a really nice man). So we pull away from the school and head down the street where we got stopped at the train tracks waiting for the train to pass. As we were sitting in the queue of traffic Jade looked out the window to her left and said "hey, there's Mr. Wright". I looked, and yep, he was standing on the sidewalk waiting for the train to pass. Finally the train had passed and the wig-wags went up and on our way we went. We went down to the Plaza where I did my banking errands I needed to do. We hopped back in the car and as we were driving out of the parking lot Jade looks over to her right and says "hey, there's Mr. Wright". Then Jade says to me, "if he shows up at the thing tonight, I'm gonna pee my pants". The "thing" she was referring to was a vendor event. I was asked to be a vendor at a Bazaar at the Park Place Retirement Home. I took a bunch of my retired items and some catalogues and my display board and set up. There were a whole bunch of different vendors....hhh..let me see if I can remember them... there was a table full of stuff the residents at the retirement home had made, AVON, Fifth Avenue jewellery, Monavie, a table with tea towels and knitted tea cozies and stuff like that, Stampin' Up!, an elderly lady who knit sweaters and mitts and slippers, Usborne Books, Norwex, Regal, Enio, Discovery Toys, Epicure, Pampered Chef, Partylite, some clothing thing, another jewellery vendor..that's all I can remember for now...but it was quite fun. I love geriatric people they are so much fun. One elderly lady came by and thought my Big Shot was the funniest looking sewing machine she had ever seen. I explained it was not a sewing machine and showed her how it worked. Oh my gosh, you should have seen the look on her face, she was so excited by the machine! Then she told me she was 100 years old and I'm sure the look on my face mirrored the look she had just a minute ago on her face. What a sweet woman she was and I just wanted to hug her, she was so cute!
So Jade and I were chit chatting about how cute she was, and we were standing in a spot where we could see down the hall of the retirement home....Jade looks down the hall and says "no way........THERE'S MR. WRIGHT". It was hilarious. We just started laughing like crazy, and when Mr. Wright came up we mentioned our little story and it was quite comical. For all you reading this, it's probably one of those "had to be there" stories, but what were the chances he was gonna come to the retirement home?......thankfully Jade didn't pee her pants!!!!!

Chow for now,
gotta stamp so I can post up here!!
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home