Sisterlines Space in Time

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got." Mark Twain.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Little Light on the Bling.......

Well another challenge has come and gone. The challenge this time was to create a birthday card with bling. Well.....I thought I had more bling than I did, but when I got looking, I don't have that much Stampin' Up! bling! I have lots of bling from other companies, but I'm a little light on the
Stampin' Up! blingage!! I hope the recipient of this card thinks this is good enough.
I used Night of Navy cardstock and stamped with versamark. Then I applied copper embossing powder. It looks pretty shiny....I hope that's classifed as bling! Then I put a strip of Night of Navy and a strip of copper from one edge to the next. I coloured the little rocket ship with the Stampin' Write markers and then added a rhinestone brad to the centre of the space ship. There is glitter on all the stars and swirlies around the spaceship.I added the Birthday Wishes sentiment with Jet Black Stazon.
I spent the day today tidying up and cleaning. YUCK. I hate cleaning, but then I love the look when I am done. Everything neat and tidy and in its place! I am very much looking forward to some warm weather so I can crank these windows open and get some nice spring air flowing through the house.
It's my baby sister's birthday today. I'm feeling totally old thinking back to some of the games we used to play when she was a toddler; putting finger paint on our faces instead of on the paper, dressing up with all kinds of crazy things like swimming goggles, slippers etc. and then removing one thing and having her guess what was gone. She has grown in a wonderful young woman and I am very proud of her. I am blessed to have her in my life and not only call her my sister, but also my friend. Love ya, Courtney!
Well, that's all for tonight.
Chow for now
Jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home